- This event has passed.
Data Gets Grants
March 27, 2013 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
To receive grant funding, it is necessary to submit a proposal that identifies and successfully documents a dire need. The need has to be compelling enough to pull at the heartstrings and substantial enough to satisfy the intellect. It is also crucial to measure the need (yes, it isn’t just important to measure outcomes!) so that the problem is articulately described and so that realistic, quantifiable objectives are created.
- How to determine which data to gather
- Simple processes to follow to locate data
- Where to start when seeking data online
- What to do if numbers terrify you or put you to sleep
- How to measure local need