The S.C. Obesity Summit is a venue for public health, health care, education and other professionals and community leaders to gather and discuss positive changes that lead to increased access to fresh fruits and vegetables and to physical activity. It’s the largest gathering of healthy eating, active living advocates with more than 250 people in attendance! All breakout sessions address policy, systems and environmental changes that are being implemented in South Carolina. In addition, guest speakers will talk about food access in low-income communities, as well as the new Obesity State Plan. Anyone interested in obesity prevention is welcome to attend the Summit.
Sponsor and exhibitor opportunities are available! For complete details, download the packet.
S.C. Obesity Summit Goals
- Learn about existing healthy eating, active living initiatives in rural and urban areas of South Carolina
- Discuss successes and lessons learned from partners and coalitions promoting healthy eating, active living
- Build partnerships to accomplish healthy eating, active living objectives
Who Should Attend
- Local, state, tribal and federal public health officials and practitioners
- ESMM chapters and community coalition members
- School wellness committees, teachers, and principals
- Obesity prevention advocates
- Academics and researchers