National Park Service Offering Technical Assistance
Could the National Park Service (NPS) help your community create close-to-home recreation opportunities and protect nearby nature? Apply by June 30 to be considered for technical assistance in 2020 for your community-led conservation and outdoor recreation project from the National Parks Service’s Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance program.
- Create new nearby parks or greenways;
- Plan trails and greenways, conserve landscapes, build water trails, and restore rivers;
- Manage a visioning, planning, and design process to guide your community’s future;
- Plan and facilitate public engagement;
- Build partnerships that support your project’s success;
- Provide opportunities for youth to enjoy outdoor recreation and learn to become conservation stewards; and
- Develop tourism plans.
You can also get some inspiration by checking out the current projects in your state that NPS staff are helping with this year.
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2020.