What is the SC Schools Network?
The SC Schools Network is comprised of school health advocates from around the state. The mission is to identify and promote effective childhood obesity prevention strategies in SC public schools to empower key stakeholders and encourage collaboration among those seeking to improve student health and academic achievement.
What does the SC Schools Network do?
- Brings together school health advocates once a quarter at regional meetings in the Upstate, Midlands, PeeDee, and Lowcountry Regions
- Provides a networking opportunity to learn about school health improvement
- Shares best practices and successful initiatives
- Identifies healthy eating and active living resources and programs across the state
- Fosters a statewide connection of school health champions
Planning Committee Organizations
Alliance for a Healthier Generation
American Diabetes Association
American Heart Association
Eat Smart Move More SC
MUSC Boeing Center for Children’s Wellness
Safe Routes to School
South Carolina Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
South Carolina Alliance of YMCAs
South Carolina Association of School Nurses
South Carolina Cancer Alliance
South Carolina Department of Education
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
South Carolina School Nutrition Association
Southeast United Dairy Industry Association, Inc.
University of South Carolina
Join the SC Schools Network
If you want to stay informed about school wellness initiatives, advocacy, and funding opportunities related to healthy eating and active living; job postings; and regional SC Schools Network meetings, just complete the form below and you’ll be added to our e-mail list serv. If you want to learn more about the SCSN, contact Trimease Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 803-667-9810, extension 306.