What ideas do you have for policies, projects, or activities that will encourage people to Eat Smart, and to Move More? What would help you, your friends, your family, your clients, your patients, or your customers to make the healthy choice, the easy choice?
Please share your thoughts and ideas in comments, or on our Facebook page, and we’ll put them in our wish-list below. These ideas will be used in our discussions on the priority actions for ESMM-Horry in the next couple of years. Here are a few ideas to get your started:
- Sidewalks and bike lanes in more communities in the county – promote “complete streets” policies for city and county government.
- Promote healthy choice options at vending machines, in convenience stores, at faith based activities, etc.
- Police call boxes on the far side of the Lake Busbee walking trail so that people feel more comfortable walking back there.
- Promote the development of walking and biking trails on existing rail, power line, water, and sewer right of ways around the county.
- Promote greater use of the local farmers markets and produce stands – eating local fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Facilitate the creation of walking, running, and biking groups.