Five New Features to Look Forward to at the Leadership Summit
We all know that conferences can be overwhelming – from planning your day to figuring out who’s who, what’s what, and how to spend your time. The Leadership Summit for Healthy Communities Planning Committee just made it easier for attendees to plan ahead without worrying about the nitty-gritty. Here are five new features of the Leadership Summit that will make life a little easier for you and your team:
- Pre-Registration and Confirmation Email. Every year, staff are asked about pre-registering for breakout sessions, and we always say, “Sorry.” To help you plan your day better, we’re offering pre-registration of breakout sessions. You choose which breakout session you want to attend, and we’ll make sure there’s enough seating for everyone. Plus, you’ll get a confirmation email of your selections, and if you lose the email, we can resend it to you!
- Advocacy Track. Calling all advocates and want-to-be advocates! We’ve created an advocacy track just for you. Our speakers will give you the information you need to create and boost your local advocacy efforts and a better understanding of national and state campaigns. When registering, choose “Advocacy Track” for all three advocacy sessions. Please note that when you choose the track, you cannot pre-register for any other breakout sessions. Visit our website to learn more about the advocacy track.
- Community Leader Awards & Luncheon. In the past, we’ve included a reception at the end of the day to recognize our Community Leader Award recipients. This year, we want everyone to see who was nominated by their peers, so we’re honoring them during lunch. Don’t worry. It won’t take up too much of your networking time. The Community Leader Awards & Luncheon is sponsored by HopeHealth, Inc., and lunch is provided by the City of Florence.
- Physical Activity Breaks. Goodbye, lull. Hello, fun! We replaced the afternoon break with the physical activity break. Not only will you enjoy refreshments, but you’ll also enjoy a selection of physical activities. Yeah, we’ll have yoga and outdoor walking but there could be a little dancing going on inside. We’ll announce the physical activity options closer to the event.
- Tour of Florence. We’re giving you a guided tour of the City of Florence and it includes many healthy community environment enhancements over the past several years. Hop on a bus and see what they’ve been up to! Some of the places you’ll see are an inclusive playground, trail connections, and the new farmers’ market and kitchen.
These are just a few of the new and exciting features of the Leadership Summit. Stay tuned for upcoming newsletters and more announcements. Meantime, register today to reserve your spot!