Dr. J – Charleston Healthy Business Challenge on ‘Total Wellness’ NASH 96.9
‘Total Wellness’ NASH 96.9
Dr. J – Charleston Healthy Business Challenge
What is it?
- Collaborative program developed by MUSC and the City of Charleston to help businesses and organizations improve the health and well-being of their employees by creating a culture of wellness in the workplace.
- The Charleston Healthy Business Challenge is free, voluntary and open to all businesses in the Charleston metropolitan area. Quarterly seminars hosted by MUSC and Lighten Up Charleston will focus on each of the four pillars of worksite wellness (healthy eating, active living, tobacco-free worksites and stress management) and will provide participants with valuable tools and resources to help reach their worksite wellness goals. An awards ceremony will recognize and celebrate the successes of participating businesses
How does it work?
- Any business or organization in the lowcountry can join this free challenge by signing up at our website: chbchallenge.com. Once registered to take the Challenge, your business or organization will gain access to the Charleston Healthy Business Scorecard, receive important updates and invitations to upcoming seminars and events. Registration begins on 1/30/15.
What do businesses get by participating?
- Local Recognition
- Free Healthy Business Toolkit
- Performance Tracking Scorecard
- Training Opportunities and Resources
- Opportunities to share Best Practices
- A Healthy Workplace.
Why is it important?
- Every year, U.S. businesses spend billions of dollars on healthcare.
- Poor employee health can lead to lower productivity, lower morale, higher absenteeism, and subsequently, higher insurance claims.
- Every day, employees all across the lowcountry travel to their place of work, many spending more waking hours there than anywhere else.
- As a result, workplaces are more than just a paycheck to our employees and an economic driver to our region – they are critical in shaping how we live and the impact we have on our community.
- By creating a healthier workplace, businesses can encourage and support healthy lifestyles among employees. Healthy employees are more productive, have lower healthcare costs, and less sick days and injuries.
- Your participation will not only improve the health of your organization but will demonstrate your commitment to a shared vision to making the lowcountry a healthier place to live, work and visit.