- This event has passed.
The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model: Resources to Guide Implementation
September 21, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This webinar will introduce a new resource that has been developed to support implementation of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model in schools and school districts. It will also highlight the efforts of Boston Public Schools to implement the WSCC model district-wide. The WSCC model is based on elements of the traditional coordinated school health approach (CDC) and the whole child framework (ASCD). Presenters will provide implementation strategies for use in schools and school districts, and describe the steps that schools can take to move the WSCC model from theory to practice.
- Describe the purpose of the Implementation Guide
- Describe the process and steps outlined in the Implementation Guide
- Describe the positive changes in school health environments, policies, and practices that have occurred in Boston Public Schools as a result of adopting the WSCC model.
- Rachelle Johnsson Chiang, MPH, DrPH, Senior Consultant, School Health, National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
- Lara Peck, MPH, Professional Development Consultant, RMC Health
- Jill Carter, EdM, MA, Senior Executive Director, Office of Social Emotional Learning and Wellness Policy, Operations and Health & Wellness Department