- This event has passed.
Programs vs. PSE (Part I): A Two-Part Webinar Series
May 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Knowing what interventions to choose to address obesity and chronic disease in your community can be overwhelming. Eat Smart Move More SC uses a policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) approach to address access to healthy foods and places to be physically active, but we often partner with organizations that have a more programmatic approach. Both approaches are valuable and impactful to this work, but what exactly is the difference and when should you take which approach? Join us on May 12 at 12 pm to learn more about this topic!
This webinar will be presented in partnership with ESMMSC and Clemson University SNAP-Ed.
- Attendees will have a clear understanding of the difference between programmatic interventions and a PSE change approach
- Attendees will gain knowledge on when and how to use both types of interventions and hear real-world examples
- Attendees will be introduced to practical tools and resources to help with planning and implementing HEAL interventions
- Kelsey Allen, Manager of Community Initiatives at Eat Smart Move More SC
- Joey Current, Program Coordinator for the Healthy People Healthy Carolinas project for the Healthy Tri-Counties
Coalition in Charleston, SC
- Moderated by Sarah King, Youth Learning Institute at Clemson University SNAP-Ed