Mary Black Foundation Announces Schools Chosen for Initiative
Nine Spartanburg County schools were selected to participate in the Healthy Schools Initiative, which seeks to create healthier school environments using the Alliance for a Healthier Generation Healthy Schools Program.
The Foundation is excited to partner with the following nine schools on this new Healthy Schools Initiative:
- Spartanburg School District 1:
- Campobello Gramling School
- O.P. Earle Elementary School
- Spartanburg School District 2:
- Boiling Springs Intermediate School
- Oakland Elementary School
- Spartanburg School District 3:
- Clifdale Elementary School
- Spartanburg School District 6:
- Arcadia Elementary School
- Lone Oak Elementary School
- R.P. Dawkins Middle School
- Woodland Heights Elementary School
Over the period of four years, the cohort of nine schools will create a wellness council, designate a wellness coordinator, and receive training and technical assistance from the Alliance for a Healthier Generation and Partners for Active Living to implement specific best practices that fall in one of six components that address school health.
Read more about the program here.
This article was taken from Partners for Active Living newsletter.